search and index page
Site home page
(news and notices)
Get alerts when Linktionary
Book updates and addendums
Get info about the Encyclopedia of Networking
and Telecommunicatons, 3rd edition (2001)
Download the electronic version of the Encyclopedia
of Networking, 2nd edition (1996). It's free!
Contribute to this site
Electronic licensing info
RSVP (Resource Reservation Protocol)
New Information and Updates
Main Topic Related Entries/Web Links
Note: Many topics at this site are reduced versions of the text in "The Encyclopedia of Networking and Telecommunications." Search results will not be as extensive as a search of the book's CD-ROM.
New Internet RFCs:
- RFC 2205 (Resource ReSerVation Protocol-Version 1 Functional Specification, September 1997) --NOTE: This was updated by RFC 2752
- RFC 2208 (Resource ReSerVation Protocol-Version 1 Applicability Statement, Some Guidelines on Deployment, September 1997)
- RFC 2209 (Resource Reservation Protocol-Version 1 Message Processing Rules, September 1997)
- RFC 2210 (The Use of RSVP with IETF Integrated Services, September 1997)
- RFC 2212 (Specification of Guaranteed Quality of Service, September 1997)
- RFC 2379 (RSVP over ATM Implementation Guidelines, August 1998, )
- RFC 2380 (RSVP over ATM Implementation Requirements, August 1998)
- RFC 2381 (Interoperation of Controlled-Load Service and Guaranteed Service with ATM, August 1998)
- RFC 2382 (A Framework for Integrated Services and RSVP over ATM, August 1998)
- RFC 2745 (RSVP Diagnostic Messages, January 2000)
- RFC 2746 (RSVP Operation Over IP Tunnels, January 2000)
- RFC 2747 (Cryptographic Authentication, January 2000)
- RFC 2749 (COPS usage for RSVP, January 2000)
- RFC 2750 (RSVP Extensions for Policy Control, January 2000)
- RFC 2752 (Identity Representation for RSVP, January 2000)
- RFC 2753 (A Framework for Policy-based Admission Control, January 2000)
- RFC 2814 (Subnet Bandwidth Manager, May 2000)
- RFC 2872 (Application and Sub Application Identity Policy Element for Use with RSVP , June 2000)
- RFC 3097 (RSVP Cryptographic Authentication -- Updated Message Type Value, April 2001)
- RFC 3182 (Identity Representation for RSVP, October 2001)
Also refer to Differentiated Services (DiffServ), Integrated Services (Int-Serv), and QoS (Quality of Service) for more information, relavent RFCs, and Web Links.
Check the UPDATE page for a list of new topics and topic that have been updated.
Copyright (c) 2001 Tom Sheldon and Big Sur Multimedia.
All rights reserved under Pan American and International copyright conventions.