search and index page
Site home page
(news and notices)
Get alerts when Linktionary
Book updates and addendums
Get info about the Encyclopedia of Networking
and Telecommunicatons, 3rd edition (2001)
Download the electronic version of the Encyclopedia
of Networking, 2nd edition (1996). It's free!
Contribute to this site
Electronic licensing info
Differentiated Services (Diff-Serv)
New Information and Updates
Main Topic Related Entries/Web Links
Note: Many topics at this site are reduced versions of the text in "The Encyclopedia of Networking and Telecommunications." Search results will not be as extensive as a search of the book's CD-ROM.
New Web links are on the Related Entries/Web Links page.
- RFC 2430 ( A Provider Architecture for Differentiated Services and Traffic Engineering (PASTE), October 1998)
- RFC 2474 (Definition of the Differentiated Services Field (DS Field) in the IPv4 and IPv6 Headers, December 1998)
- RFC 2475 (An Architecture for Differentiated Service, December 1998)
- RFC 2490 (A Simulation Model for IP Multicast with RSVP, January 1999)
- RFC 2597 (Assured Forwarding PHB Group, June 1999)
- RFC 2598 (An Expedited Forwarding PHB, June 1999)
- RFC 2638 (A Two-bit Differentiated Services Architecture for the Internet, July 1999)
- RFC 2697 (A Single Rate Three Color Marker, September 1999)
- RFC 2698 (A Two Rate Three Color Marker. J. Heinanen, R. Guerin. September 1999)
- RFC 2836 (Per Hop Behavior Identification Codes, May 2000)
- RFC 2859 (A Time Sliding Window Three Colour Marker (TSWTCM), June 2000)
- RFC 2873 (TCP Processing of the IPv4 Precedence Field, June 2000)
- RFC 2963 (A Rate Adaptive Shaper for Differentiated Services, October 2000)
- RFC 2983 (Differentiated Services and Tunnels, October 2000)
- RFC 2990 (Next Steps for the IP QoS Architecture, November 2000)
- RFC 2998 (A Framework for Integrated Services Operation over Diffserv Networks, November 2000)
- RFC 3086 (Definition of Differentiated Services Per Domain Behaviors and Rules for their Specification, April 2001)
- RFC 3140 (Per Hop Behavior Identification Codes, June 2001)
Check the UPDATE page for a list of new topics and topic that have been updated.
Copyright (c) 2001 Tom Sheldon and Big Sur Multimedia.
All rights reserved under Pan American and International copyright conventions.